Do you procrastinate? This lesson is about how to release this in order for you to have more success and peace.
One of the best productivity systems I have found is also one of the most simple. It’s called The Ivy Lee Method and it has six steps:
- At the end of each work day, write down the six most important things you need to accomplish tomorrow. Do not write down more than six tasks.
- Prioritize those six items in order of their true importance.
- When you arrive tomorrow, concentrate only on the first task. Work until the first task is finished before moving on to the second task.
- Approach the rest of your list in the same fashion. At the end of the day, move any unfinished items to a new list of six tasks for the following day.
- Repeat this process every working day.
It’s so easy to procrastinate, even the simple things – like I get an idea to send out cards to wish people well, I have found if I don’t write it down I’ll forget it or I just keep putting it off. Was it really important?
Yes. So what stops me? Distractions
Procrastination can come in a variety of ways, make sure you know why you do this?
You have a project to do, for me creating a video series of which I could blog about, took me forever, before you know it almost two months went by. I just decided one day it’s video day and I created them. Now it’s of much easier, when I am ready to do another blog post I uploaded the video to YouTube.
We have a choice to make things easy for ourselves or we can keep pushing out and away what we say we want to create. My intention with this series is that it helps someone, I may never know as long as you get the message and how you can eliminate procrastination.
Do you procrastinate? it’s a good idea to get some help, a mentor or take a workshop to get things done that you need to or want to finish what you started. Here’s a productivity tip
If you like what I am posting, please subscribe via RSS. Every time, an article is posted you’ll get it in your mailbox. If you want to know more how we can help you with your stalling of getting your 5 wishes done.. contact us!
Thanks for reading and tapping until you are happy!