What does being human mean? Heart is about my heart in how I share and be in business. I started out in the Kindness business.
I was speaking with Christine and Rhonda today as we were talking about my company name Heart@Work, how did I come up with it..I could of went with Kindness@Work, except
Christine always thought that she would like to teach a class about being human, there is more to life than texting back and forth to your friends, or communicating strictly via e-mail or leaving voice mail messages. There are key words and actions like compassion, truth, kindness, sincerity, honesty being open ..
Coretta Scott King says:
“The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members … a heart of grace and a soul ..”
“There is a spirit and a need and a man at the beginning of every great human advance. Every one of these must be right for that particular moment of history, or nothing happens.”
We all have connections online and offline who we chat with, not all these people are true friends they are social connections. For example we have family, friends and acquaintances. We need to concern ourselves with how long we have been friends, how frequent do we interact with another person, how close are we to the other person, how much self-disclosure do we offer another person.
How are we sincere with the people we interact with? Recently, I was at a networking event and a person was literally putting down another person..my mouth dropped along with other people who were there..I would say, a great amount of grace and sincerity can take you a long distance. “Sincerity was first celebrated as an artistic and social ideal.” it’s the virtue of one who speaks truly about his or her own feelings, thoughts, desires. Sincere expression carries risks to the speaker, since the ordinary screens used in everyday life are opened to the outside world. At the same time, we expect our friends, our lovers, our leaders “to be sincere”.
In your relationships whether they are at work, online, at home or if you are out networking, we all need to take care of each other. And this means we have these terms of endearment to our behavior and what we say to people. As Oprah, says “When we know better, we need to do better.”
We all need each other’s support and help so let’s give ourselves these virtue and our fellow people of who we engage with.
About being Human:
- You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it’s yours to keep for the entire period.
- You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called, “life.”
- There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial, error, and experimentation. The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately “work.”
- Lessons are repeated until they are learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
- Learning lessons does not end. There’s no part of life that doesn’t contain its lessons. If you’re alive, that means there are still lessons to be learned.
- “There” is no better a place than “here.” When your “there” has become a “here”, you will simply obtain another “there” that will again look better than “here.”
- Other people are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
- What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
- Your answers lie within you. The answers to life’s questions lie within you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.