How come Linkedin or Facebook isn’t working for you, then take a look at how you are participating on the platforms. No Action, no benefits.
• LinkedIn has over 750 million members in over 200 countries. (stats from 2021) Updated from 2010.
• A new member joins LinkedIn approximately every second, and about half of our members are outside the U.S.
• Executives from all Fortune 500 companies are LinkedIn members.
Your professional network of trusted contacts gives you an advantage in your career, and is one of your most valuable assets. LinkedIn exists to help you make better use of your professional network and help the people you trust in return. Our mission is to connect the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful. We believe that in a global connected economy, your success as a professional and your competitiveness as a company depends upon faster access to insight and resources you can trust.
The best way I have found Linkedin to be valuable to me, is by joining groups, participate by asking questions, answering a posted question add value to each group that you are a member of, then you will be able to become respected and develop relationships in which you can grow your own social network that is supportive. Comment on other people’s posts.
How come Linkedin or Facebook isn’t working for you?
- I am really tired of hearing how many people say this tool or social network doesn’t work. Somewhere people have gotten the idea that Linkedin or Facebook will give you something back..it’s social it requires your engagement to get anything back. You can’t gain anything until you give. When you add value it will be reciprocated.
- Let’s say you begin to set up a profile on Linkedin, it’s not completed, you haven’t joined any groups or active in answering questions in your niche or industry..do you think it’s really going to give you something back?
- Let’s say you set up a Facebook Business Page and you haven’t posted any notes, or comments on your page or promoted it in anyway..do you really think it’s going to give you something?
- A friend of mine asked me to set one up for him, has never posted anything on it. Then told me it isn’t working. I ask “What do you mean it’s not working?” I’m not getting any business from it…”Where did you get the idea it was going to give you some business?” Well, I thought by doing this I would get some calls. Yes, you can, however once again you have to share content, information and be helpful.
- Let’s say you set up a Twitter account, you never tweet or don’t follow anyone …and you wonder why no one is following you, do you ever wonder why?
- Let’s say you go to a party or BBQ with a friend and you sit in a corner, you don’t introduce yourself to anyone, and if anyone does approach you, you complain the whole time..do you ever wonder why you didn’t enjoy yourself?
- Friends, family or business connections invite you out networking, or just to hang out and you say NO continually, do you ever wonder why people quit asking you out or to participate with them? Or you don’t have any business?
- Inactivity, negative attitudes will not get you anywhere..Start saying YES more often. Start engaging with others more often. Be friendly, otherwise life will pass you by on and off line. Watch “The Yes Man” it will give you some insight of what I am talking about.
“People & Business will stay and continue to stay where they are appreciated and valued.”
My challenge along with other Social Media pro’s is that the Old Style of Marketing no longer exists. There obviously needs to be more education on how to use these tools. If you don’t understand why you would use these tools to support you in developing relationships and business just ask me!
Don’t forget to check out other new platforms for your business as well..