Power Networking, even as a Networking Addict, I am always looking for ways to be better. In the Success Magazine 2011, there are 10 actions we can do today to become better at networking
1. Connect the dots this just means have clear mesaurable goals to help you to get to where you want to go. Write up your main goal and find three ways in which you can achieve it.
2. Never hurts to ask – recently I asked someone on Facebook if they rent space out in their school – after a few calls I was able to strike a deal with the school to host to actually sponsor our event. My next ask was to ask a new store, if they would be willing to sell tickets for our event in town. Make a list on the action steps your are going to take this week to “ASK for something.” Make at least two requests.
3. Pay it Forward – there is always something we can do to help someone else. Go beyond just writing a cheque. Do you have special skills or products, can you donate your time? Go out and schedule one hour of your time.
4. Take one hour today and stand in your customers shoes. Experience time with your service and products, stand in line, check out the bathrooms, etc. From working in restaurants – if the bathrooms were not clean, this meant the rest of the place wasn’t either. Make a list of three things you can change today to improve upon for repeat business.
5. Sign up for change. Take stock of what three things you could do more often to reach your goals.
6. Don’t be a drop out. Have you given up on your dreams? Have you been rejected enough that you have given up? It’s time revive your dreams. Write a mission or action statement that you are going to do in the next week about reviving your dreams.
7. You did what? Jack Canfield does five things each day to help him to stay on track. Today call a close friend or respected colleague who can be your accountabilty coach. And you can join a Mastermind group.
8. Who do you admire? Derek Jeter admired Hall of Famer Dave Winfield on of the first big athlets to start a foundation. Today Jeter has his foundation to aid simngle mothers. Write down three people you admire and why. For each one write your ownd goal based upond who you admire and select one to work on today!
9. Better Brainstorming. If you aren’t getting stellar results in your marketing or sales – make al list of three ways in which you can foster an evironment that is supportive of new ideas. Try things like a ban on the word of NO or CAN’T -or do a 5 minute no-holds barred brain dump. For me, I just want to work with YES people.
10. Solicit compliments or referrals. So many referrals are achieved throu word-of-mouth. Today write down four clients you can contact for referrals or postive reviews for your website. If you are e-mailing ask for a referral every third time you contact your list.