Here are 12 ways to be happier, especially when you are going through a tough emotionally and challenging time. The key things that I have found is just to be kinder to myself.
I found this quote by Christian D. Larson, it’s really helping me,it reminds me to focus on myself not what’s going on outside of me.
It’s a Promise that you give to yourself to help you to become happier.
- To be strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.
- To talk of health, happiness and prosperity to every person I meet
- To make all my friends feel that here is something worthwhile in them
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true
- To think only of the best, to work only for the yes and pet expect only the best
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of other as I am about my own
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the great achievements of the future
- To wear a cheerful expression at all time and give a smile to every living create I meet
- To give so much time to improving myself that I have not time to criticize others
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear and too happy to permit the presence of trouble
- To think well of myself and to proclaim this face to the world not in loud words but it great deeds
- To live in the faith that whole world is on my side, so long as I am true to the best that is in me.
Be nice to yourself, as you will feel better about yourself
Haven’t you heard that it is better to give than to receive?!? In fact, studies have shown that the giver usually has a bigger boost in positive emotions than the receiver! Being kind and nice really is good for you. It gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling all over. Of course, these positive feelings carry over into all areas of your life causing a general improvement in well-being. This translates into feeling good about yourself. What a bonus!
The best portion of a good man’s life – his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love. ~William Wordsworth